One of my co-workers at Cardinal Path recently asked me what blogs I follow…probably because I’m such a ‘know-it-all.’
Anyways, so I rounded up a few, emailed them over, and they actually found them useful. And I thought ‘Why not turn that list into a blog post?’
Yeah, I couldn’t think of a reason either.
So here’s some of the top blogs that I follow:
General Business News:
- Inc.com – an online version of the business-oriented magazine. I get their daily emails which gives you 5-6 quick news stories in business. They tend to focus on tech and startups.
- American Express’s OPEN Forum – one of my favorite business and marketing news sites. Lots of great stuff here though they do be more focused on small businesses (which is a primary focus of American Express, as a business).
- A VC – the personal blog of Fred Wilson, a venture capitalist in NYC, with Union Square Ventures. Fred and USV have their hands in a ton of tech startups (including Twitter, SoundCloud, Tumblr, Zynga, Turntable.fm, KickStarter, Etsy, and others).
Advertising and Marketing:
- The BeanCast – Not a blog, per se, but one of my favorite podcasts ever. It’s a weekly roundtable discussion of recent marketing and advertising news. They usually come from the perspective of small-to-med-sized agencies and companies (rather than the stuck-in-the-mud giant, corporate guys that populate much of the AdWeek news cycle).
- Seth. Godin. Is. Brilliant. Every post he writes is pure gold…or at least pretty shiny.
- Convince and Convert is Jay Baer’s blog and personal consulting platform. This guy is one of the foremost thinkers in the burgeoning social media marketing world.
- Dan Zarrella. If Jay Baer is the Socrates of social media, Dan is the Sir Isaac Newton—a full-blooded scientist. He measures anything and everything about social media and also pulls some pretty amazing insights.
UX and Design
- Viget (UX agency out of D.C.) has a great series of blogs for anyone in UX, UI, and/or web development.
- UX Magazine is great for general user experience news and articles.
- Co.Design is Fast Company’s design-centric online magazine. They’ve usually got some insightful and inspiring posts.