After the resounding success of last year’s inaugural Phoenix Design Week (PHXDW), the Phoenix design community has made it a goal to do it again, and do it better.
This year’s event, titled “Forward,” looks to take the momentum generated from last year and continue to build community, communication and excitement amongst Phoenix (and Arizona) designers.
The event is being held September 29 – October 3 and includes a number of design exhibits and receptions held over the week and culminating in a full-on conference on Saturday and Sunday.
Some of this year’s national speakers include:
- Brian Singer – reative director and founder of Altitude Associates in San Francisco
- Hillman Curtis – filmmaker, designer and author from Portland
- James Victore – artist
- Mike Joosse – director of chapter development for AIGA
- Paul Sahre – graphic designer, illustrator, lecturer, educator and author
- Von Glitschka – illustrator and designer
As well, a number of local designers and community members will be speaking and presenting on a wide-variety of topics, all centered around, of course, design.